Ormond Beach combines a small-town atmosphere with a first-class experience. With the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Tomoka River to the West, it’s an especially great place to enjoy nature and water activities. Our resort’s proximity to the beach makes it easy to relax and play on the shore, and Ormond Beach offers other exciting attractions as well. Read on to explore our list of 10 things to do in Ormond Beach.
What’s the weather like?
Average Temperatures in Spring: High: 80° and Low: 59° / Average Temperatures in Summer: High: 89° and Low: 72° / Average Temperatures in Fall: High: 82° and Low: 65° / Average Temperatures in Winter:High: 70° and Low: 49°
Pack your bags:
Always bring swimsuits, beach towels, sunscreen, sunglasses and comfortable shoes for walking. Tank tops and short sleeve shirts with shorts or capris are great for most of the year, but we advise bringing pants and some layers, including a light jacket or sweater, for the cooler winter nights.
Things to Do in Ormond Beach
1. Get back to nature! The Ormond Scenic Loop & Trail comprises 30+ miles of beautiful, natural scenery including waterways, marshes, dunes, and beach. There are a variety of state, county, and city parks to visit and take a relaxing break in the great outdoors. Some parks offer boating, fishing, hiking, swimming, bicycling, beach walking and more.
2. Andy Romano Beachfront Park offers the best public beach access. It features a gazebo/pavilion, outdoor grill, parking, picnic area, playground, a splash pad, beach access, and restrooms.
3. Stroll through landscapes, waterfalls, streams, bridges, and caves for a challenging round of 18-hole miniature golf. Pirate’s Island Adventure Golf offers a fun time for the whole family.
4. Visit the Ormond Beach Memorial Art Museum & Gardens featuring the Malcolm Fraser Collection. Be sure to check the schedule for other art exhibits that rotate through the museum. The Museum also features several memorials created to recognize and honor veterans. Relax as you stroll through the lush, tropical rainforest of the Memorial Gardens.
5. If you are looking for food, drinks, and socializing, try the World Famous Iron Horse Saloon. This biker-friendly bar offers great food and plenty of room with both outdoor and indoor sections.
6. Nothing says you are on vacation like a day at the spa. Start your vacation or end it with the variety of services offered at Angelic Gardens Day Spa Wellness. Book your appointment today!
7. Ormond Brewing Company is the first brewery to open in Volusia County. Visit their taproom to sample the range of brews available. Stay and relax around the fire pit in their beer garden after hours.
8. Birthplace of Speed Park commemorates the world’s first racing time trials. A small replica of Ormond Garage, which accommodated racers and mechanics, also sits on this site. The garage features replicas of the first two automobiles involved in the first race.
9. Golf is always a nice, relaxing sport to enjoy while on vacation. Ormond Beach features several public golf courses where you can schedule your tee time. Riviera Country Club, River Bend Golf Club, and Halifax Plantation Golf Club are all within the Ormond Beach area.
10. The Casements is known as “The Jewel of Ormond Beach.” This former winter home of John D. Rockefeller is now the Cultural Center and is open for visitation.
Festivals & Events
- Coke Zero 400 Nascar Race
- Daytona Tortugas Baseball season
- Annual Juneteenth Family Festival
- Daytona Beach Bandshell Concert Series
- Volusia County Fair & Youth Show
- Greek Festival
- Daytona Turkey Run
- New Smyrna Beach Jazz Festival
While there are many fun activities to do in Ormond Beach, you may want to venture to other areas such as Daytona Beach, Orlando, or Kissimmee. These areas offer a wide variety of attractions as well. Visit these websites to find more things to do within minutes of Ormond Beach: